Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Out of my comfort zone...

I've been seeing a lot of this look online- the brightly-colored, over-sized blouses. It's sooooo 80's and I was thinking I would take a stab at it. I went to Savers and went right to the XXL section. I skipped over anything pale or muted and found this gorgeous blue number! It was SCREAMING 80's! I actually laughed when I picked it up. I figured...for $3.00, it was worth at least trying it. When I got home, I continued to laugh at my purchase. I was even singing the "Facts of Life" theme song as I cut the shoulder pads out of it. So, here you have it! I think it's kinda fun and I like that I tried something new and ventured into not only a different style...but a different section of Savers! :)
 
 I'm sure not everyone will be a fan of this...but that's not the point. I played around with a style I would have never touched before. It was a lot of fun and it's actually kiiiiinda growin' on me. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Yay! You finally broke down! I have a similar top and I love it too! Now let's figure out what to do with all of the shoulder pads...seriously...

    Shana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look, it's fabulous on you

    Miranda
    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a blog of your own, let me know! Have a great day! :)