Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Star Wars Baby Shower?

Yep! That's right! That is exactly what I set out to do once I found out the theme of my newest nephew's nursery. Nice choice, sister....nice choice. :) I couldn't wait to begin!
That's when it dawned on me. How in the world am I going to pull off a beautiful, elegant baby shower while still capturing the Star Wars feel? When I started my research, it seemed like there were endless children birthday party ideas and decor...but nothing sweet and "baby-like". I started to get a little worried. 
This had the potential of being the scariest baby shower ever. 

My first breakthrough was when I found this adorable Etsy shop:


I had originally wanted to make the invitations myself, but decided it couldn't hurt to have a LITTLE help from someone else. :) I ordered the basic image of the invitations and decided to put my own twist on things. 
Here's how they turned out.

 


Once the invitations were done, things got a little easier. I paid a visit to my local IKEA and found all sorts of "spacey" looking things. I also managed to pick up a cool vase from a nearby Goodwill. 
Here's a tip: I find that if you cover a table in candles and flowers, it really classes things up!
Check out the finished product.





I bet I know what you're thinking. "Hey Dawnya! Where did you get that AMAZING Jedi sign?"
Well, I'll tell you! My extremely talented artist of a boyfriend painted that. (This photo hardly does it justice.) He's kind of a big deal. 
My sister loved it so much that it is now hanging in the nursery. :)

I knew that I needed to have a few actual Star Wars pieces, so I found these plastic party rings online. I paired them with light saber picks and turned them into cupcake toppers for my super yummy strawberry cupcakes. So cute!



These are just a couple VERY cheap picture frames from IKEA. 
I used a bit of computer magic to create the inserts.


All in all, I was able to put together a beautiful, sweet and elegant baby shower without completely breaking the bank. It just took some serious brainstorming!
A big "thank you" to my Grandma for sewing the tablecloths and to my Mommy for hosting the party!
And thank you, Amber, for letting me run with this idea! haha


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a blog of your own, let me know! Have a great day! :)