Thursday, July 14, 2011

Eclectic or a mess?

ec·lec·tic:  adjective: Deriving ideas, style, or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources.

Hmmm...okay. As you probably know, I'm in the middle of the 
"30 for 30 Remix" Challenge. It was started by Kendi Everyday and I'm currently on Day 16. As a refresher, you choose 30 pieces of clothing and you create 30 different outfits using only those pieces. You can add accessories, but that's it. So that in itself has been challenging. Then yesterday, I decided to take a stab at another fashion challenge (maybe I'm an overachiever.)  Yesterday's rule was to wear sparkles. That's easy. Umm..but today said "eclectic prints". What does THAT mean? I wasn't sure, which is why I googled the definition of "eclectic". Because my 30 pieces are already chosen, I only had a few prints to work with. 
So this is what I came up with...

 I mean..I don't know...I kinda think I have "broad and diverse" goin' on here, but I'm no expert. 
(Any thoughts?)

Off to work for me! I see that tomorrow's "rule" says "neutrals". Not sure I can cough that one up considering the only "neutral" things in my 30 pieces are a pair of shoes. I'll try to pull off some magic for ya. ;)


SPEAKING OF MAGIC!!!!!!!!..........



5 comments:

  1. It looks eclectic to me! And cute! You're brave doing those two challenges at once--kudos to you!

    I'm jealous that you're seeing Harry Potter tonight! I'm seeing it tomorrow and I CANNOT WAIT. I'll have to hold off on reading your post tomorrow until I've seen it so I can be giddy with you. :)
    Whitney
    whitneybetweenthelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for 'Arry Pottuh! (That's my british accent, by the way.) I'm seeing it tomorrow with a friend and I'm soooooo excited!

    Haha, I had to look up eclectic too. =) I googled it and saw all kinds of stuff. I think eclectic basically means anything goes, right? lol I think you look fabulous! I love how you made that cute little dress into a top and paired some jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you pulled it off to the T! The dress is so cute! Have fun at Harry Potter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way of pulling off a double challenge. Enjoy Harry Potter! I'm off to see it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute outfit! I love the floral and stripe mix. Thanks for joining us for this week's challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a blog of your own, let me know! Have a great day! :)