Thursday, April 28, 2011

Vintage Silk

As I mentioned in a previous blog, my Grandma gave me a bunch of things she doesn't wear anymore. One of the things she asked me if I wanted was this scarf. It's GORGEOUS! And after looking at the tag, I realized..this wasn't just any scarf. It's 100% silk and it's Oscar de la Renta! "Ummm, Grandma, are you SURE you want to give this to me?" She said she has never used it and insisted I take it. She said she's had it since the 1960's! I couldn't WAIT to wear it! I put this top I bought at Anthro a few years ago with this skirt I thrifted. I felt like I needed a necklace or something. Then I thought, "Wait...I'll turn my new scarf into a necklace!" Then I just added a belt, heels and earrings and I was out the door! Of course, due to my camera being out of commission, I had to use my phone for my pictures. I apologize in advance.
Thank you SO much, Grandma! Not only do I love the scarf, but I love that I'm wearing little pieces from your past! I love you! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love this look! I'm a huge scarf fan!

    Emilie
    www.liveeatsmile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! That was so special to have your grandma's vintage pieces! You also reminded me of an Oscar De La Renta scarf I have from my mom! I love how you made it a necklace!

    Shana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a blog of your own, let me know! Have a great day! :)