Monday, June 13, 2011

Color Me Delighted!

Over the weekend, my friend Jenny and I had a nice little day at "Color Me Mine". I knew I wanted to make a platter...something I could actually use. I wasn't sure exactly how I was going to paint it, but I wanted something that felt vintage. Here is what I came up with:
Although you can't tell in the picture, I did paint the platter a pale mint green color. Hopefully once it bakes, it will be darker. 

The butterfly was actually a stamp I found there.
I painted dark brown paint directly onto the stamp and carefully stamped it into the middle of my painted platter. The parts that didn't turn out- I just improvised and used a tiny paint brush to complete portions of the wings and various sections. 
Then I "designed" my butterfly by painting the wings with different colors I picked out.
 

Here is Jenny working vigorously on her owl piggy bank. :)
 
My creation won't be ready until the end of the week. Stay tuned for pics of the final product!


And to leave you on a cheerful note, here is a picture of the flowers that line the pathway to work every morning. I love them and decided to stop and take a quick picture. :) Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a blog of your own, let me know! Have a great day! :)