Monday, August 22, 2011

Light Layers

 When I started this little fashion journey earlier this year, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to come up with very many summer outfits. I had gotten used to winter clothing. If an outfit was boring, I'd just add another layer- ie. a sweater, a scarf, tights. I didn't think I'd be able to pull that off during the summer because it's hot outside.

As it turns out, you CAN layer during the summer! You just have to choose lighter fabrics and find other ways to make it "summery." I had this lightweight 3/4 sleeved top that I thrifted a while ago. I layered it over a light t-shirt and cami and then paired it with shorts. To dress it up for work, I added heels and a long necklace. 
It's a pretty simple outfit but it's something I never would have come up with before. Wow...I used to be bo-ring.
 I hope everyone had a great weekend! I organized my closet and found some gems that I'm going to have to play around with. 
I love re-discovering old clothes! 
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a blog of your own, let me know! Have a great day! :)