Thursday, May 26, 2011

Dinner and Carrot Cake

I was having a conversation with a friend earlier today. He asked me how my night was last night. I said I had to work last night and then asked him how his night was. He said, 
"I meant to work, but instead ended up cooking a long dinner and then getting carrot cake." 
My response? 
"Sometimes dinner and carrot cake are more important." 
I'm glad we had that little conversation because I TRY to remember life isn't about working and paying bills. Those things are important, but they don't truly matter.  
My friend may have an extra long work day today, but he had a great dinner and dessert with his wife and she had a yummy 
carrot cake breakfast this morning. And really, what else matters? 
That's my life lesson for you today. You're welcome! :)

My outfit today was a no-brainer...but honestly...
I just wanted to wear these earrings. 
I. LOVE. THEM. 

Ring: Pier One (Gifted)
Earrings: Tilly's
 I was so caught up in the fun of my blog pictures, I made myself REALLY late for work. Ummm...well....I guess I was enjoying my "dinner and carrot cake"?

2 comments:

  1. You rock! And the carrot cake is in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, love those earrings...and yes, sometimes the smaller things in life are important..I am more partial to Cheez its thought :O) Your pics look great...I can finally comment, I have been having the hardest time commenting!!!

    Shana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a blog of your own, let me know! Have a great day! :)