Thursday, August 22, 2013

Crock Pot Yogurt



Prepare to have your life changed.

That is....if you spend a lot of money on yogurt on a weekly basis like I do.

This recipe is nothing new. I found it on Pinterest and I just had to try it out. AB and I fly through large yogurt containers every other day and it's costing us a fortune!

Now that we've mastered this yogurt experiment, I had to share the news!

Here's what you need:
  • 1/2 Gallon of milk-This can be whole milk, nonfat, 2%...whatever you prefer. I use 2% milk.
  • Crock pot
  • 1/2 Cup of plain natural yogurt
  • One or two heavy bath towels
  • Colander
  • Paper Towels
  • Large bowl (large enough for the colander to sit over it)


Let's get started!




  


One thing to note: You will only need to purchase the plain yogurt once. Once you have made your first batch, you can save a 1/2 cup of your crock pot yogurt and use that as your "starter" for your next batch.








You have endless options with this. Throw it in your protein shake, add fruit, honey...use your imagination!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a blog of your own, let me know! Have a great day! :)