Friday, July 19, 2013

Ridiculous!



Back before I decided to do this bikini competition, a few friends and I signed up for the R.O.C. Race (Ridiculous Obstacle Course Race).
Having never participated in this event, I didn't know much about it.
All I knew were two things:

1. It was a 5K made up of ridiculous obstacle courses.
2. People wear costumes.

You had me at "ridiculous". 
Sign me up!



Of course, the next logical step was to name our team. We cleverly decided on "R.O.C. Me Amadeus!" 
We were pretty proud of ourselves on that one..and even more so when we decided on homemade shirts, rainbow tutus, socks and colonial wigs!
This plan had success written all over it. 




Behold the full ensemble!

Since I'm a sucker for a theme, I didn't just stop with the costume items. I went above and beyond...

Nails!

I also took a stab at copying a fun rainbow eyeshadow image that I googled!
Not bad, right???

I even managed to talk A.B. into the whole get-up! 
Check out his pretty wig! He fancy.

No colonial wig is complete without a colorful bow!

After we got all dolled up, we headed out to the event!


Now...before you look through the photos of the actual event, 
I want to apologize for the obnoxious watermark located smack-dab in the middle of each photo. 
You see...there is something else that is ridiculous about this event.
They had photographers throughout the entire course taking photos of the participants, which was great! We didn't have to worry about bringing waterproof cameras and we knew the pictures would be really fun!
What's insane is that if you want to download just ONE photo (and I'm not even talking about the hi-res option) it is $11.99! That's right! $11.99 for ONE photo! 
That means if I wanted to purchase all of the photos that they had of all the members of our group, I'd be looking at over $500.00. 
The only way I'm paying over $500.00 for photos is if I'm wearing a wedding dress in them.



So, ladies and gentleman, here are the watermarked...and FREE images!






When it was all over, we were soaked and we were grimy!
But, at the R.O.C. Race, they've thought of everything....including one huge foam shower to get cleaned up!

This was SURPRISINGLY refreshing!

Once we were cleaned up, I sadly looked upon the line of food trucks and the beer carts. I knew I couldn't stay.  
I admit...it HURT to walk away!
This won't be the last event that has food I have to say "no" to, so I just shrugged, took off my wig and called it a day.

By the time I got home, I was starving. My sadness quickly faded when I whipped up this bikini comp-friendly brunch for myself!
A chicken, egg, spinach, salsa scramble with a whole wheat tortilla! Yummm!!!

So that's it! That was my ridiculous weekend! It was a lot of fun and I'm definitely doing it again next year!
Thanks to my fellow "R.O.C. Me Amadeus" teammates for being such great sports and for not being "too cool" to wear wigs and tutus! 
Can't wait to top it next year!!!!!


ROC ON!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a blog of your own, let me know! Have a great day! :)