Tuesday, September 17, 2013

13 Weeks Out: This Calls For a Season Change

This last week seemed to fly by for once, which was nice! The temperature dropped a touch and it seemed like Southern California was flirting with the idea of Fall. 
Alas, that was short lived and we were back in the 90's by the weekend. Boooo... :(
I have found that the busier I am with activities that I love, the less of a chance I have to feel sad about missing out on food-filled summer activities. So, I thought about it and came up with a couple things that I love just as much as food and wine.
First- I love crafts and decorating.
Second- I LOVE Fall and I can't wait for it to get  here! 
Since Fall is the gateway to all sorts of fun holidays, these two loves of mine go hand in hand.
It's only September and we have at least another month of this warm weather nonsense; therefore, I did what any normal bikini competition girl who hasn't had bread/cheese/wine in over a month would do. 
I cranked up my A/C and spent my weekend decorating for Halloween. 
I even completed a Pinterest craft!
Check out my Halloween wreath that took FOREVER and made a huge mess. 


It's so cute though. The mess was totally worth it! I didn't think about yummy food once! If anyone is interested, here's the link to the Paper Plates Wreath Tutorial

I didn't stop there. I worked on our kitchen, dining room and living room as well. I had so much fun! Here's a peak at our dining room table.



As far as competition prep goes, my workouts have increased a bit more, but it hasn't been too bad. I'm getting used to it and I feel really good. 
Of course, next week starts the dreaded "12 Weeks Out" point and apparently that's when it gets REALLY hard. My calories will start being cut and my workload will increase. What a combo!
All I can do is stay focused and take one week at a time, right?

Here are this week's photos. Not much of a change, but that's ok. One thing I've learned is that it's not easy to see change from week to week. I'm thinking in two weeks, I'll post comparison photos to see my progress.


So, that's it for now! I'm hoping that I can find more Halloween projects to keep me busy over the next few weeks. If not, Christmas will be at my house in no time! :)

Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a blog of your own, let me know! Have a great day! :)