Tuesday, February 3, 2015

14 Weeks Out: Light Switch

When people see me toting my food around or turning down treats, I am often inclined to explain that I am training for a muscle competition and that I need to prepare/measure/weigh all of my food. What's funny is that probably about 95% of the time the reaction is, "Oh, wow. I could never do that. I don't have the discipline or the willpower." They say this is as if I have been gifted something that they have not.

Here's the thing though. I don't possess more willpower than the next person. I am not free of cravings. I mean...I REALLY love food. I love pizza, wine and yummy desserts. See example below:



The only difference between me and the person saying "I can't" is just that. It's those words..."I can't". As soon as you know that you want something and you are willing to put in the work, nothing will stop you- not even a slice of cake. 

It took me a long time to learn this. And I think part of the reason why I'm actually enjoying myself this time around is because I have flipped that switch in my head. It's the switch that says "Time to do work." It no longer phases me to be around people eating my favorite things or drinking wine. You know why? Because those things will all still be there in a few months. And I will have to learn how to enjoy those things in moderation when this is all over.
 But right now I have work to do and I have a body to build. 

Sorry to get all motivational speaker-y on you! :)

My point is that anyone can do this! 
It all comes down to a flip of a switch- the decision to not let yourself down. 

And with that...let's post this week's progress pics (taken VERY early on Saturday). 
I will post weekly photos even though they will probably all look the same for a while. This really is just for my own benefit to see where I was at various stages. So feel free to skip the photos if you want. 
Feel VERY free. haha


Have a great week!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a blog of your own, let me know! Have a great day! :)