Thursday, August 4, 2011

"Wingardium Leviosa!"


Oh yes...you are in for a treat. 
(When I say "you", I mean those of you who are Harry Potter fans who have not yet had the pleasure of visiting the Harry Potter theme park in Orlando, Florida.) If this does not interest you, go ahead and stop reading now. 
You will hate what is about to follow. 

Ok, you have been warned. 

Firstly, I would like to apologize for my lack of posts. I was on a mini vacation for a few days in Florida visiting my very dear friend Candice. I have a few fun stories from my trip that will appear in my blog, but let's get down to what we are all waiting for...HARRY freakin POTTER! 
This place was...in a word...fantastic! The only thing that would have made it better is if there was more of it!
Shall we begin?


First stop? HOGWARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I LOVED about this was that while you're moving through the line to go on the ride inside the castle, you're winding through parts of the castle.....you're actually visiting various rooms from the movie! SO GREAT! We were having people go ahead of us in line just so that we could spend more time taking pictures in line. Haha...we're hard core.
House points

All of the pictures spoke and moved. 
It was so fun to see how far they went 
with even the smallest details.
Entrance to Dumbledore's office....just like the movie....

The pensieve!!!!!!
Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. Harry, Ron and Hermione paid us a visit. 
I KNEW they were real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Sorting Hat! (I'm a Gryffindor, fyi.)

The Fat Lady.


Gryffindor Common Room

Next we moved on to Hogsmeade!


Chocolate Frog!

Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans!

Zonko's

 HEDWIG!!!!

Let's look for a wand....


Hanging out in Herbology.
MANDRAKES!
Warning: Put ON your earmuffs!!!!!

Nimbus 2000



We swung by Hagrid's.

 Hi, Buckbeak!!!!!

 Had to try butterbeer!!!!
And the reviews are in! Butterbeer is DI-sgusting.

We were ridiculously impressed with the theme park! It was AMAZING and I can't wait to go back! 
Candice and I made a pact. 
When we strike it rich, we are building our own Hogwarts. 
We are now holding auditions for the roles of Professor McGonagoll and Mr. Filch. 
Contact me with any questions.

1 comment:

  1. Aaaah, so much fun!! We're looking into a trip to Orlando pretty soon and I absolutely can NOT wait to go to Hogwarts!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a blog of your own, let me know! Have a great day! :)